Friday, January 23, 2009

Are You Kidding Me?

Since I was in the area today, I finally hit up Cute As A Button.

If you're not familiar with the name OR the location, I don't blame you. They are located in Grover Beach, at Oak Park Road and Grand Avenue, right next to Stacked.

Once parked, the entrance is very inviting, with signage on some prop surfboards. Just inside and to the right, they have a carousel of A-damn-dorable aprons (which made me think of you CJ), sundresses and kid items. The walls and shelves have many sewn items as well, including purses and clutches. A chair held some knitted dog sweaters and other sewn items below them.

Weirdly, I didn't notice any buttons, which I thought they would have, given the name.

Anywho. I was totally weirded out when I realized the only other person in there was not just the employee, but said employee never acknowledged me and *get this* continued to curl her hair with a curling iron (hello "TGIF" at 4:30 pm) in the public mirror.

Weird. As. Heck.

I'm hoping the Hair Curler Chick isn't the owner and doesn't know what her employee is up to . . . yet.

Fabric? Yes

Cute Sewn Items? Yes. Unless you are a seamstress (and I wish I was because their stuff was CUTE!)

Cute Knitted Items? See above.

Customer Service? Oh Holy Mother of Fiber and Fabric No. No. No. No. No.

Because seriously. Who the hell gets ready for a Friday night out on the town at FOUR FREAK'N THIRTY in the afternoon? Oh, I know! Dumbasses that curl their hair with a curling iron, WHILE WORKING THEIR DAY JOB as the sun is still shining.

Never not going back until 1) she's fired or 2) their Out Of Business sale.

I hope it's #1 because the store is pretty dang interesting.

As I've heard my whole life (and failed at too) - You never get a second chance to make a first impression - Curling Iron girl.

3 comments:

Lupie said...

We must let other know about shops like this when we come by them. There are too many good shop that can use our patronage in these hard times.

Anonymous said...

I've never heard or seen this place.......I want to check it out, but will probably beat the chick to death with her curling iron if I catch her doing her hair!!

Kath said...

Ohmigawd. I don't know that I could have made it back out the door without saying something to Curling Iron Chickie. Something I might regret later, but you know - life is short! And I have been in customer service too damn long.